In spite of being used in very small quanities, additives can have a huge impact on coating, ink performance as well as applications properties. If additives are used in the right order, at the right time and levels, it will improve the appearance and durability of a coating, the flow of paints and inks as well as the efficiency of the manufacturing process and even the sustainability of formulations.
Firstchem provide a wide range of additives that give coating and ink formulators the edge they need to design high performance, low VOC coatings that have great appearance and are easy to use.
- Water repellence: silicone resin emulsions for water repellence applications in masonry or paint protection: Silres BS 3003, Silres BS 1306…
- Defoamers and Dearaters: used to remove foam in paints, coatings and inks during their application and ensure that they are free from defects such as: fisheyes, cratering, popping and depressions: Saurafoam 99, …
- Dispersant/Wetting agent: reducing surface tension, increasing the distribution pressure of color particles into paint and printing ink dispersion, therefore preventing agglomeration of color particles.
- Coalescing agent: optimizing film structure formation to ensure a flat and uniform paint surface after rolling: Texanol
- pH controller: substances to exist to stabilize the paint system, balance and electrolyte in the paint: Silres BS 168, …
- Antifreeze: reduces the evaporation rate of the solvent by creating a layer of hydrogen bonding with the water molecules in the paint.
There are no reviews yet.